Saturday, October 22, 2011

October 22, 2011

Dear Gabrielle,
Yesterday was your due date. I knew it was coming... but I didn't realize how fast it would come.
It was beautiful here.... a crisp fall day with plenty of sunshine. I woke up and ached for you. I left the house to take your big brother to school and to head to work, and thought of how I should have been driving to the hospital instead.
Most people didn't realize that yesterday was your due date.... maybe it's easier for them to not say anything. Maybe they think that October 21st didn't have significance anymore since you left us months ago. Whatever the reason it doesn't really matter. Daddy and I remembered. There's no way we couldn't remember the date that you should have finally been in our arms.
I missed you yesterday more than I think I ever have before. Yesterday really did feel like the end.... I've known that you left us a long time ago, but with your due date passing it really hammered home.
Look out for us sweet baby.... for your Daddy and I and your siblings. Your due date was also your uncle's birthday, and if Ryan is anything like my brother.... tell him to behave himself. I'm sure he's quite the tease.
I love you, my darling, with all my heart and soul,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment