Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chromonsonal testing and mother's day

I called every 3 days after the nurse called me about my D&C, asking for the results of the chromosone tests, and because they never had them, wanted to know when they would be in.

They never had an answer.

So, on my quest to find a reason as to why Gabrielle died, I called.

After 6 weeks of calling every 3 days, I was finally told they never did any testing.

All of the feelings came back. That test was my last hope in finding a reason why my daughter was dead, and now, after stringing me along for 6 weeks........ nothing.

Mother's Day soon approached. I had hoped to be pregnant again, partly to help ease the pain of having to go through Mother's Day being without a baby in my womb.

All tests were negative. We invited Mark's maternal side of the family over for brunch. I looked forward to keeping busy preparing everything for everyone and not having the face the reality of what had happened.

Mark's grandma went in the hospital the afternoon before Mother's Day. Again, I pleaded with God to not do any more damage to our family. First my brother in law, then our daughter, now his grandmother.

We went to visit her at the hospital the following morning, bringing a little pot of flowers that we had planned to give to her at brunch. Being in the hospital brought a whole flood of emotions.... first of the day we went to the emergency room, and then of surgery.

We are so thankful that his grandma made it out okay. I don't know what would have happened if something would have gone wrong. For the first time in a long time, I felt like God had maybe decided to listen to me.

Mark bought a tree for me to plant on Mother's Day..... we planted many different flowers around it. Gabby's Garden was such a big piece of the healing process and I'm so thankful that my husband was so thoughtful that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment