Wednesday, February 29, 2012

my little leapster

Dear Ryan,

Today is so beautiful outside. For February 29 it's nearly 70 degress outside, your momma has her legs exposed for the first time in months, and the sun just keeps shining. I couldn't be happier to see such nice weather. I'm not one for cold weather anyway, but especially not today.
You've been on my mind so much lately, and were the first thing I thought of when I woke up this morning.

Today was your due date.

It would have been a beautiful day to bring you into the world, too. It makes me sad that neither of us will ever experience that.

I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with you and was told that you would be due on February 29. At first I thought it was so neat that you would be a leap year baby, but then I wondered how you would feel about it... only having a "true" birthday every few years. It was so petty of a thought... as long as you were here safe and sound it doesn't matter what day you came on.

I found the little socks that I bought after I found out you were coming. I had a feeling you were a boy, and now that your sister is due to come in June I don't know what to do with them. They sit on the corner of the dresser. I think I'll keep them there.

I'm sorry I couldn't hold you for the first time today. I love and miss you so much.

All my heart,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment