Thursday, March 8, 2012

Reagan at 24 weeks

Meet my beautiful daughter, Reagan Elizabeth. : )

I went for another ultrasound last week with Colin in tow to check her growth (it's a concern with babies who only have one umbilical artery). She was measuring in the 29th percentile so the doctor was happy (and I was relieved!). The ultrasound tech said she was measuring exactly to date and that she weighs about 1lb 5 oz. She also saw that she's been swallowing (another good sign!) and that she's been practice breathing. I was told that they look for that at 28 weeks so to see it now made everyone very happy campers.

Before the ultrasound Colin and I went to IHOP for breakfast and were surrounded by a ton of older women in there for their weekly coffee clutch. As ususal he was a big hit and they fawned all over him, and he boasted that he has a baby sister in his momma's belly. Then one of them asked if this was his first little sister and immediately the panic mode in me set in all over again. Colin looked up from our "tic tac toe" game on the table and smiled at her and said "No, I already have a baby sister. Her name is Gabby. She lives in heaven with my brother Ryan and God." Then he went back to beat me in yet another game and didn't think  to see anyone's reaction. I was so incredibly proud of my son.... I envy his ability to speak the truth with such innoncence and honesty and not think twice about how anyone would react.

After the ultrasound we went to "Build A Bear" and Colin made Reagan her first teddy bear.

Meet "Violet"! If you squeeze her left paw you hear a recording of Colin saying " Hi Reagan, this is your big brother Colin and I love you!".

I can't wait until she's here and he can give it to her. Just 12 more weeks until we go in to be induced.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that Reagan is doing good! And Colin seems like a very smart and loving son, I bet you are so proud of him!
    I love the name Reagan, by the way. I bet she can't wait to meet her big brother! :)

    ReplyDelete