Thursday, December 15, 2011

nuchal translucency screening

Mark and I woke up at 5:30 this morning to get ready to go to the hospital for our screening test.
They began the ultrasound and we saw our little peanut "sleeping"... after a cough and some jiggling they woke up and it was just amazing....
Little fingers and toes and a knee and a perfect little mouth opening and closing. Just amazing.
The amount of fluid behind the neck looked perfectly normal, and see that little bitty nasal bone gave me a sense of relief.
Never before was I concerned about down syndrome, or trisomy 13 or trisomy 18 or other "defects", but as I layed through this screening you can't help but wonder if everything looks normal.
And it does. : ) The blood results will come back on Monday or Tuesday.
We had the test done because we never had any sort of chromosonal testing done when I had a D&C with Gabrielle.... if you remember from my previous post I was TOLD they were doing it, but in fact they never did. We wanted to know that the only thing we're looking at at this point is MTHFR that led to my children's death.

So three wonderful things happened today:
We saw our little wiggle worm.
They look perfectly wonderful.
We're having a GIRL!

With about 90% assurace, the tech feels confident that our little one is a girl and we are over the moon. We would be completely happy with either gender, but it feels so good knowing either way.

A girl..... WOW. I am still in shock I think. I've been so used to sweater vests and a choice of either plaid or stripes with a little boy for nearly 7 years now that the thought of pinks, purples, frills, and bows is so... NEW. Refreshing.

I can't wait to meet you, Reagan Elizabeth.
xo-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment