Monday, December 12, 2011

let's talk about sex, baby.... (gender, that is)

When I was pregnant with Gabby this question came up a lot....
"So what do you want... a boy or a girl?"

This pregnancy it has been an extremely common question, and I can't blame people.

This is what I really want: A healthy, living, breathing baby in my arms. A baby I can sing to and cuddle with and raise with my beloved husband. A baby I can watch grow and learn and explore. A baby I can love so much it hurts.

Gender really doesn't matter to me. Truly. I mean that 100%. I've become a firm believer that God gives us exactly what we're supposed to have.

My husband is 1 of 3 boys. I look at him with his brothers and even though they ages aren't necessarily close, they are about as close as it gets. It's beautiful.

So just because I have a living son doesn't mean that I'll be disappointed in another.

I just want a baby..... isn't that enough to be thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment