Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Big Announcement (drum roll, please.....)

Rainbow Babies" are the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of the storm. When a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and the clouds. Storm clouds may still loom over but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy, and much needed hope.                         

Well.... we're expecting our rainbow!!!!!!!!!!!! We found out in October, about a week and a half before Gabby's due date. There were a lot of conflicting emotions in October.... TONS of joy, lots of fear, and much sadness as we should have been welcoming our daughter in to the world.

I am taking Heparin injections twice a day (more about that later), folic acid, b12, and b6 supplements, baby aspirin, and my prenatal every day.

We've gone to the doctor's every week..... the first sound of his/her heartbeat was the most gorgeous thing I've ever heard. I could listen to that heart thumping away all day, every day.

The past two weeks I've been out on bed rest. I went to the ER because I was having a hard time breathing. Found out I had bronchitis (joy, joy) and they did an ultrasound. The baby looked great, but they found a hemtoma. The ER doctor told me I was possiby looking at another miscarriage because he said that the hematoma was attached to the placenta. I saw my doctor the following day who told me I wasn't necessarily miscarrying and that the hematoma was NOT attached to the placenta.... I didn't even have a placenta yet! 

I went in last week ( a week later) and the hematoma went down to a third of the size of what it had been before. He put me on another week of bedrest to keep an eye on it.

I went to the doctor's yesterday and our baby measured at 8 weeks 4 days with a heartbeat at 155. The hematoma has stayed the same, but good news is it hasn't gotten any larger and that our little one is developing perfectly.

Am I scared? Absolutely. Nervous? You bet. But I'm so in love and so hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment